Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank You

I thought it would be appropriate that one of the first posts on this blog should be a Thank You to everyone that has served this ministry in one way or another. You are truly appreciated and you have made a difference in a life of a child. On behalf of children everywhere, we thank you for serving.

Maybe you volunteered your time of 2 hours at a packing session and packed enough food for 1 child to eat for 1 year.

Maybe you volunteered your treasure of $125 to provide 1 child food for 1 year.


Maybe you volunteered your time to help setup a packing session and trained other volunteers.

Maybe you served at the Haiti Pack-A-Thon and helped pack 348,000 meals.


Maybe you donated 25 cents to provide a meal to a starving child.


Maybe you told your family & friends about KAH.


Every gift of your time, treasure and talent is valuable and has made a difference.

If you are able, could you please write a comment below telling us about your experience? This is a great chance to share & encourage others about why you served and what you got out of the experience. Did anything hold you back from initially serving or donating? What were your thoughts after your first packing session? Did you feel that you made a difference? Would you encourage others to help as well? Would you want to serve again?

2 comments:

  1. I encourage everyone to watch the Story on Ester. My husband and I worked in the Haiti Pack-A-Thon in Milford Ohio. We worked for two hours and felt so eager to keep packing. We would have done an eight hour shift had we been given the opportunity. There has never been a time in my life that I felt I was making that much of a difference. Seeing the poor in Swaziland receiving our boxes we packed for them just took my heart over the top with pride. I can't wait for our next packing time! I'm in the process of donating a monthly contribution and donating my time as a possible Red Shirt member. Lives are changing and children are eating. Thank God for those who volunteer! John and Lorie Edwards (Eastgate Ohio)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's opportunity to pack with over 250 others in Sharonville Ohio gave me a literal glimpse into Heaven, people happily working side by side, joyful, encouraging, singing, laughing & playing all for the glory of God. I am so thankful to have had such an experience. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete